Of the millions of baby boomers preparing to retire who live above the Mason Dixon line and/or in historically chillier climates, most know that they would like to move somewhere to a warmer climate. Aaaahhhh, but where mon ami, where?
The Retirement Handbook intends to have all southern retirement areas included on this website; however, our humble beginnings will start with two of the most sought after Southeastern States: North Carolina & South Carolina.
A GeoCenter is a geographic region and in each you will be able to explore and learn about the lifestyle available in each. Our six GeoCenters are:
- NC Mountains (Hickory, Blowing Rock, Boone, Asheville and Hendersonville)
- The Triad (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Winston-Salem, Greensboro and Charlotte)
- Coastal North Carolina (from the Outer Banks southward to Wilmington/Brunswick County)
- SC Upstate (Greenville, Spartanburg and SC Highlands)
- The Piedmont (Florence, Rock Hill and Columbia)
- Coastal South Carolina (Myrtle Beach, Charleston and Hilton Head/Beaufort)
Each GeoCenter includes informative area overviews along with a list of local commerce, plus The Retirement Handbook is proud to announce the introduction of two new Social Media venues: GeoBlogging and GeoForums.
Social Networking is not just for the youth anymore; it is for Mom & Dad, Grandma & Grandpa and for just about anyone with a computer or smart phone. GeoBlogging will be articles and conversation pertaining to a particular GeoCenter while GeoForums will allow those with questions about a GeoCenter to ask the local experts/residents. Tapping into the resources of local residents is such an exciting opportunity because who better to get the latest scoop from than people who have already completed their research and moved to their desired GeoCenter?